Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

囚俘 My Prisoner And My Friend

August, an auspicious month commenced with the birthday of my dear brother, my old friend M’s in the middle and followed by mine… a pride of lions and lioness.  Technically I am a Virgo who loves roaring :)  Juggling the parallel universe of return to the office working and my summer course of creative writing, I was invigorated by the odd chemistry.

八月平行宇宙公司全面復工幾星期通勤下來, LK變身企管機器靈魂留給海底兩萬哩… 

值得安慰是寫作課終堂算算我可是全程參與沒曠過任何一堂課且按時交作業養成週末早晨靜心閱讀寫作的習慣無特別目標純粹自己享受如聽音樂畫圖和運動.  

Writing and reading goes hand in hand.  The guided workshop critiques inspired me to read like a writer, discerning the nuances.  After a long workday (plus the grueling commute…), I sought sanctuary in Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Seas. Loved Verne’s imagination and echoed his sentiments on solitude in the deep ocean.  I also wanted to write him an elegy about the absurdity of humankind.  In Chapter 24. The Coral Realm, Captain Nemo buried a comrade in the cemetery on the sea bottom surrounded by coral bushes.  We are in year 2021 and the effects of global warming have turned our ocean into a cemetery of coral bleaching and plastics :(

Jules Verne相逢恨晚海底兩萬哩故事涵蓋Professor Arronnax囚禁於無敵潛艇Nautilus十個月的所見所聞他既是艦長Captain Nemo的知己也是俘虜非常弔詭的bromance.  至動人ㄧ幕為深海地層珊瑚叢林無言下葬同伴, Verne許多警世預言成真, 21世紀的人類愚蠢和貪婪變本加厲蔚藍海洋濫捕污染生態失衡漸成骷髗煉獄.


Finally, I was inducted to the intriguing poetry of Louise Gluck after an afternoon stroll to the Gates of Hell at the Cantor Arts Center.  The sardonic tenderness and sage melancholy in her prose triangulate between Penelope, Circe and Telemachus mirroring the slow death of intimacy in ordinary marriage.

COVID仍肆虐無法行萬里路但可讀萬卷書!  一本書如一扇窗往往開啟未知契機前陣子讀Circe, 重溫Odyssey片段.  某週末回校園書店閒逛隨手拾起桂冠詩人Louis Gluck舊作Meadowlands, 正是穿插史詩和解析現代人婚姻的精闢筆調讀著會心微笑.  無三不成幾追加Charles BukowskiLeonard Cohen, 支持實體書店 :)

Midlife crisis has been a lazy diagnosis for my intellectual lethargy in the past few years… coming out from the other end at last.  Perhaps, emotions are no more than the ephemeral byproducts of living a full life.

生日正逢重季發表會前夕忙得不可開交感謝團隊有心獻花束.  遠方的家人和老朋友捎來祝福, LK先生忙活整週末海陸大餐咖啡甜點下午茶!!!  V依舊不太乖功課不盯便胡混我倒是想通了生子本不肖他不開竅怎麼逼皆是雞飛狗跳與其寄望兒女不如投資自己精神財富.

Slow roast

Dripping of time, sweet as honey

The wake of tribal congregation encircling 

Consumption almighty

 

… how was my debut poetry(inspired by homemade crispy pork butt) sounding?

蜜汁叉燒豚肉是LK末代WFH福利傑作.  星期五遠距會議空檔起爐慢火燒烤帶骨豬臀, 每兩個小時重刷醬汁六個小時後熄火焦香四溢皮脆肉糯... 請叫我Hannibal :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...